Rome, Italy Dec. 2012

Sunday, November 18, 2012

My glass is half full!

I've been pretty upbeat and positive on the blog (and in life), while on this quite amazing journey. That is not to say that there are no frustrating moments or difficult days. I just choose to look at my glass as half full. Actually, in reality, it's more than half full. This is our year!  We have been afforded many amazing opportunities because of this journey, and that is where the focus must remain.  The days are few, but there are those days when one has trouble moving past a deep longing for a sense of  "normalcy" that one can only find at home.  BUT, Jordan is our 2nd home.  It is home now for us, for at least 2 years (and I'm quite happy with that I might add!).  Today, I must remind myself of that and focus on all the good that it entails.. and I mustn't forget it's only a short time until we will get to spend time with family and friends in our "1st home", America!

I've always been a person that loves quotes.  Anytime I'm going through something, I always search to find inspirational quotes. Here are a few worth sharing-

The only difference between a good day and a bad day is your attitude.  ~Dennis S. Brown

 Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.  ~Voltaire
 
So what am I finding particularly frustrating right now?  Nothing and everything.. if you know what I mean. I don't know if it's because it's the holidays, the normal ups/downs of being away from home, the (sometimes inaccurate) chaos that the news medias like to shove down our throats in every avenue possible, the fact that I can't jump in my car and go wherever it is I want to go.. really, who knows?!?  What I do know is since I can't even seem to pinpoint what has caused this (temporary) down, I must move through it. Time to moveon.com

These are the best times to keep a positive focus-
I have an amazing support system-- right here in Jordan!
We get to travel the world!  Rome is next, only 5 short weeks!!
The Jordanian community has been fantastic and welcoming.
I work with some pretty amazing people, and have quickly formed bonds with many of them.
We will have our first visitor! My auntie is coming!
 I am blessed to have a job, doing exactly what I love.
Did I mention my auntie is coming? ;-)

This list really could go on and on, and for that very reason this blog post has done exactly what I was hoping for, lifted my spirits.   I have way too much to be thankful for, time to climb back up!

This is me.  Being real. The only way I know to be.

More posts on the fun stuff... coming your way soon!!  Inshallah ;)

1 comment:

  1. I hear you and I went thru the same thing when we were stationed in Europe twice. Loved the adventure but missed family and friends. What you are going thru is normal and you have a handle on it so keep being upbeat. Love to you all and Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete