Rome, Italy Dec. 2012

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Keeping busy

The girls are bathed and in bed, lunches are packed, and bags are ready.  Time for mommy to blog :)  There is so much I want to share, I really wish I had the time to blog everyday.  The problem (well, not really a problem per say- only in terms of blogging) is our days are getting fuller and fuller, so I am more and more tired each day and just don't feel up to blogging. We are truly enjoying our busy and adventurous life though, so I guess I'll just have to try harder at this blogging thing.

A bit about our weekend-

Thursday (remember, this is our Friday) was civvies day! Civvies day means no uniforms, and that includes teachers.  That whole casual Friday thing doesn't exist at IAA, so hence my excitement that I could wear my jeans and converse to work.  Hailee was very excited too, but I must say I prefer the kids in their uniforms!

After school, Hailee had 3 friends from school over.  Most kids here study during the week, and then Thursday is their day to spend with friends. It's the day most play dates are scheduled.  I'll tell you having 4 8-year-olds and Charlee in our apartment was a bit crazy, okay a lot crazy, but it was wonderful to see her so happy. They had a great time, and Hailee's parents, well, they survived. 

After Hailee's friends were picked up, I prepared to head out for my first 'club' experience in Jordan (not that I had many club experiences in the US). We were celebrating the new adventures of a dear neighbor, friend, and colleague.  The club was at a hotel, and the facilities were fantastic. The club was outdoors, and we had our own private deck.  VIP status all the way.  The music was mostly techno (I think that's what it's called) which isn't really my thing, but I was still my goofball self, dancing like a fool while trying to make people laugh ;)

Yesterday, Bill headed out for a bike ride with one of our friends. He took in some great sights, including some camels, and enjoyed a nice long ride.  The girls and I headed out to the mall while he was gone. I always forget what time stores open on Fridays- not until 2, after noon prayer.  We arrived around noon, so the department stores were closed, but the grocery store was open, so we got some groceries before heading home.  Later that day we met up with Nadia, a beautiful friend and colleague, and her 3 kids.  She took us to a local park, the first one we've been too since being in Amman. The kids had amazing time playing together. I look forward to going again- except I have no idea how to get there! Luckily Nadia is up for meeting up again!

Today, I had professional development at King's Academy. First of all, let me just say the campus was amazing.   Seemed more like a college than a grade 7-12 boarding school.  My favorite part of the campus was probably not the beautiful buildings, but the green grass and trees. Something you don't see often in Amman, and something I took for granted living in Colorado. Back to the actual workshop. The workshop was put on by Dr. Michael Thompson, a world-renown speaker and author. He's been on the Today Show, Oprah, etc. The workshop was called Raising Cain: Protecting the Emotional Lives of Boys, and was based on his book.  I can't wait to buy it and read it!  The workshop was enlightening, and I am so grateful my school gave my team the opportunity to attend.  I highly recommend attending one of his workshops, should the opportunity arise, and/or reading his books.

That about sums up our jam-packed but fun-filled weekend.  I'd love to share more, but another busy week is ahead and I need sleep!  More soon..




No comments:

Post a Comment