Rome, Italy Dec. 2012

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Start to our Holiday Season in Amman

The holiday season is off to a great start here in Amman! Those of you that know me know that I absolutely love this time of year!  This year, I seem to be even more obsessed with all things Christmas. I have to stop and look in every store that has Christmas items and displays (likely because I wasn't expecting them).  I've been playing Christmas music for over a week now, and we cheated and started watching Christmas movies the week before Thanksgiving ;-)


Chucke joined us after Thanksgiving.  Chucke is our elf on the shelf. Yes, I know his name is kind of creepy, but Hailee named him (the spelling is her's as well) when she was in Kinder. He brought the girls a north pole breakfast complete with hot chocolate, donuts, and of course lots of candy. We enjoyed our north pole breakfast while watching Elf, another great new holiday tradition.




Yesterday, we had friends over to watch a Christmas movie and make salt dough ornaments.  I made a yummy ham and potato soup (here's the recipe-- ham and potato soup). It was delicious (although the husband still prefers cheeseburger soup).   We also enjoyed Cadbury hot chocolate with marshmallows  (yep Cadbury-- which beats the pants off Nestle!). It was such a fun afternoon!

Afterwards, we went to church for the first time since we've been to Amman. It was amazing!!  I'm embarrased to say I had forgotten how amazing it is to feel God's presence.  I am excited to go back next week!!

Oh.. although not holiday related, a couple exciting things have happened with Charlee that have made life much easier around here! Charlee is now potty-trained!! Diapers are only needed for bedtime :)  Also, she is back to going to sleep by herself in her own bed. Such a big deal, and has made evenings so much nicer.

Lastly, we have to brag on Hailee a bit.  She got a level 7 on her math test this week, which is the highest you can get! She got a perfect score!!  We are so proud of her.  She's really working hard, and is becoming so responsible with her studies.

That's all for now... Happy Holidays!!



















3 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    My name is Michelle. I am also new to Amman!! I'm also a teacher at ACS and I blog! Here is my blog site. Would be nice to have coffee sometime :-)

    http://www.leblancoverseas.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Would love to :) Email me at amy.nelson00@gmail.com and we will set something up.

      Delete