Rome, Italy Dec. 2012

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Today's the day! Italy here we come!!

Twas the week before Christmas and all through the house,
not a creature was stirring not even a mouse,
the stockings were packed in the suitcase with care,
in hopes that the Italy trip soon would be here!

I set my alarm for 7 am today.  Our airport pick-up time is 8:15.  It's a quarter to 6, and I'm up.  I tried to go back to sleep, but no luck. Far too much excitement!!

In less than 12 hours, we will be in Rome!! When I began this international teacher search, Bill and I decided that if I got the job, we would travel to Italy for our 10 year anniversary (Dec. 29th).   Back then it seemed like nothing more than a dream.  That dream has now become a reality! Chase your dreams friends, they really can come true!!

We've never spent Christmas in a Bed and Breakfast/hotel, so packing's been interesting.  We aren't taking much as far as gifts, but we have Chucke (our Elf), the Christmas movies for evenings back in the room, and our stockings.  The owners of our bed and breakfast have thought of everything, and they made us reservations for a Christmas Eve Dinner and Christmas lunch-- Italian style. Breaking tradition this year, and eating spaghetti for our Christmas meal. I'm sure the girls won't mind one bit :)

We will be in Rome until the 26th, then off to Florence for 3 days (so we can take Hailee to see the leaning tower of Piza), and then back to Rome from the 29th to the 2nd of January. 

It's still a little early to say, but I think this might be our best Christmas break yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment