Rome, Italy Dec. 2012

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Visiting w/ friends

1 week and 5 days!

We've had a great time visiting with friends this last week.  We were able to go to a great friend Krystal's (aka K-dawg's) birthday party.  We all had a blast, despite the electricity going out for a couple hours.  Remember, it's over 100 degrees here, so that also meant no air conditioning.  Thank goodness it came back on before it got too hot.  When Krystal told us that AJ and her daughter Carrie should be there soon, both my husband and I were ecstatic!  We hadn't seen them in years, so it was great to get to hang out.  We hope to see them all again at our BBQ next weekend.

On Monday I was able to hang out with one of childhood best friends, Charisse.  Charisse and I were so close as kids, but haven't seen each other much since high school.  We reconnected via Facebook (thank you social media!), and made plans to meet up while I was in town.  It was so great to meet her daughter, and for her to meet my 2 girls.  Steph was also able to meet us for a bit, but I forgot again to take a picture.  Next time!

The next day we headed over to the Cramer's to see Nick before he left town.  We had a great visit and enjoyed some pool time.  Even mom got in!  I had no intentions of swimming, but I couldn't resist relaxing on the raft. 

Yesterday, the girls went up and stayed the night with my sister.  I got to get my hair done (and boy did it need it), and spend the day shopping with one of my besties- Jennifer.  I am learning to have a fashion sense, thanks to my amazing friend who ALWAYS looks fabulous.  Afterwards, we met up with our men for dinner... great day!  

AND... although they are miles away, I can't forget about my Colorado peeps!  I got to facetime with some of my favorite ladies at the end of the night.  I miss them so much, but I am so incredibly thankful that I can attend girl's night via Facetime or Skype (although with the time difference, in Jordan it'll be the next morning for me, but as the girls suggested I can join them with a Mimosa, lol).

I can't say it enough, we are blessed to have such amazing people in our lifes.  Love to you all.




Happy birthday Krystal!

 
Carrie & I
Hailee, Bill, & AJ

Carrie, Krystal, & I
Visiting w/ Charisse & Irie
Relaxing at the Cramer's
Date night <3

@ BJ's w/ the Bakers

 

Facetiming w/ my girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment