Rome, Italy Dec. 2012

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Raw Lamb and Fart Bombs

I ate raw lamb.  I can't believe it myself.  I. ate. raw. lamb. 
Appetizer size. 
Tasty?  Sadly, I must say yes. 
You will recall before moving here I wouldn't even eat cooked lamb.  This was in protest. Back when I was in middle school and participated in 4-H, my BFF, Smokey the lamb, was bought at the 4-H sale by Lucky's.  A grocery chain.  True story.  I vowed to never eat lamb.  Sorry, Smokey.  I have failed you. 

Story goes something like this- I went out with two friends to a very nice restaurant and asked them to just order for me.  Trying to be more adventurous with my eating.  Wow girls, raw meat?  Maybe I don't trust you to order for me afterall ;-) They convinced me that raw meats were 'normal'.  Not by American standards!  But by international standards, I suppose.  So after they assured me that a)  It was safe. and b) I wasn't going to die, I smothered it with a garlic sauce and put that mound of red meat in my mouth.  Weird.  Felt very weird to be eating it.  But it was good.  What the H???  I don't even like for my steak to be red, a little pink but that's it.  I've shocked even myself. 

Fast-forward to today and I find myself collecting fireworks and fart bombs from grade 12s.  It was their last day before Mock Exams and this was part of their senior prank.   Fart bombs.  Classy.  Senior pranks happen everywhere.  As always, it got out of hand but I chuckled when I looked at the pictures on the package when I confiscated these this morning.

Now, onward to February break!  Yay!  A week without students, raw lamb, or fart bombs.

No comments:

Post a Comment